Re: [Evolution] Problems installing 1.2.1...

Title: Re: [Evolution] Problems installing 1.2.1...
Thanks for the response, Bill.  I'm not sure how to revert
back to a "clean" situation.  I did do some RH8.0 updates
from the ximian RH8.0 channel.  But I don't recall whether
I did those before the evo install or not.  It sounds like
the RH8.0 channel updates may have stepped on the evo install,
or vice-versa.

I hope I can get it working- it looks like a cool app...

Thanks again...

-bill-

On 1/4/03, 4:04:56 PM, Bill Hartwell <raven macmanusnet net> wrote
regarding Re: [Evolution] Problems installing 1.2.1...:

> On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 21:17, Bill Richards wrote:
> > Hello-
> >
> > I'm a newbie and hate to post a question that's probably already
been
> > re-hashed here a number of times. I did check the archive and saw
some
> > related posts, but still have no resolution. I'm using RH8.0 and
> > installed the 1.0.8 version that shipped with the distribution.
That
> > installed OK, but the composer didn't work (a dialog popped up
about a
> > missing component). Using red-carpet I recently installed the 1.2.1
> > version, to try evolution again. That version won't start up due to
> > missing Config database. I saw some posts regarding environment
> > variables, library pointers, etc. I tried some of those things, but
it
> > still doesn't run for me. I did a fresh install after removing the
> > original packages- same thing. I'd love to try using evolution, but
so
> > far I'm not very impressed... I would expect the install to be more
> > robust... any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance for any help.

> I'm also a RH8.0 user, and using Evolution 1.2.1, installed from Red
> Carpet.When you installed it, did you try installing the entire
> Evolution Channel recommended install/upgrade list, or did you just
> install Evolution (and the dependencies it pulled in), the way the
RH8.0