Re: [Evolution] The SMTP Problem...

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 14:10, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
what message was the reply to? maybe you can try reproducing the
problem? and/or maybe I can take a look to see if anything stands out
that may have caused the problem?

Jeff

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 16:11, Bill Hartwell wrote:
Now the question comes of...how did Evolution queue a message with no
recipients? For that matter, how did it lose the recipients when it was
nothing more than a reply to a message on the list, which should have
automatically brought the addresses over from the message it was a reply
to?

The subject was "Built-in spam filtering?" and the message number was
1041547319 12478 16 camel lostzed mmc com au

I figure if you still have it in your message folders and can pull it
up, it'll save a little bandwidth - and reduce the risk of something
getting changed in transit.

A possible solution that comes to my mind is that maybe the address got
garbled or lost if it was one of those I trimmed down by deleting the
ccs and copying the address I wanted to send it to from the Cc: field to
the To: field. Since I have the mailing lists in my address book, they
don't show up as addresses in the message editing display - instead,
they show up with the IDs they have in my address book. Would cut/paste
from one field to another break the link to the address book so that the
ID is dereferenced?

--
Bill Hartwell <raven macmanusnet net>
MacManus Enterprises