Re: [Evolution] Evolution Password Error

It's not a bug, it's the only thing we *can* do. If we get a -ERR from
the server, then we have to prompt the user for a new password. end of
story.

now, if the POP protocol didn't suck and had machine parsable error
codes (like SMTP), this wouldn't be a problem - Evolution could then
intelligently decide if it needed to re-prompt for the password or
not,
but alas...POP does suck and only gives -ERR no matter what the error,
so we have no choice.

I would think it unlikely to be an error with the password, once your
set up and the password has been working then generally it would be some
other kind of error, most likely the server and the best option is to
wait and try later. So shouldn't this be the default option for
evolution?

If evo gets an error put an error icon somewhere so you can manually run
send/receive and then you get the dialogue boxes.

-danny
--
#   /""\    ) |>Danny Wilson                         :web:   #