[Evolution] Outgoing filter prevent mail outgoing?

If someone would be willing to confirm, I'd like to know whether or not
it's possible to use the Outgoing filters in Evo 1.2.x to actually
_prevent_ an email from going out.  It appears to me (after considerable
experimentation) that everything to do with outgoing filters is
happening _after_ sending the mail, instead of before sending it and I
would really like a way to _stop_ mail from being sent and just bumped
into the Drafts folder if it meets certain criteria (like, in
particular, when I sometimes forget to change the From: line on certain
mailing lists too stubborn to protect their WWW archives from pernicious
spam-bots).

(Or is this something that's been added in 1.3.x?)