Re: [Evolution] Font strangeness in 1.3.

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 09:29, Not Zed wrote:
Note the bizarre fonts.

Didn't happen here, fwiw.  Although it looks like it may be something to
do with the html conversion of the content, which adds url links and the
like, perhaps its poking in some weird characters that are only in that
font.  I'm using 'fixed' though, so perhaps its something font/pango
related instead.

Hmmm. It also seems to do the same to any line which starts with a
space. Does that help? :)

Note also that the new messages in the folder index are no longer
noticeably more bold than the read messages -- Evolution 1.2 looked a
_lot_ better than this.

I dont really understand this, are you referring to the picture?  It
looks ok to me.  Maybe you can turn off text blurring ...

I think it's just the font it's using. Previously, the bold face and the
normal face (of the font used by Evo 1.2) were sufficiently different
that you can tell the difference at a glance. With the font used by Evo
1.3 on my box, however, the bold face isn't as different, and it's hence
much harder to tell new mail from old.

Also, the composer seems to have taken to displaying a proportionally
spaced font, and word wrapping lines very early

I'd tell you if i could start the composer :)

Hehehe.

--
dwmw2