Re: [Evolution] training spam filters

Hmm. I'm working on a system for doing this, without changing the
Evolution gui...

My plan is to have folder for unrecognized spam. Simply drag a spam into
this folder and forget about it. A cron script then goes through this
folder, reclassifies the messages as spam, and then (optionally) copies
them outside the mail tree to archive as a corpus for training the
filter for new users.

I'm handling this on the server, which is running Courier-IMAP.

The other direction is a bit trickier, though. Hadn't thought about a
good way to modify Evolution to do this. My plan was to create a
Squirrelmail plug-in that added a "This is NOT SPAM" link to the
message, when you opened it from web mail. My thought is that all users
on my system will use Squirrelmail for certain tasks, like this and
changing their password. Then they could use any MUA and at least be
able to train false negatives. Hopefully, they won't have to do this
very often...

If you have any bright ideas, I'm interested!