Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.2.2 much slower than 1.0.8 in POP retrieval

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 17:39, Dan Winship wrote:
There's a known issue that many buggy pop servers support UIDL even
though they say they dont, or at least, they dont say they do, which
they're supposed to.

Ah. In 1.0, if the server didn't support CAPA, Evo would try UIDL
anyway. Looks like it doesn't do that in 1.2. That could be why 1.2 is
slower for him.

Dan, Not Zed!

I'm expericing the same as Jeffery, also having alot of messages in the
InBox I POP from (a Exchange 5.5 server).

I fired up evolution-mail with CAMEL_DEBUG_VERBOSE active, and evo-mail
did execute 3500 TOP commands before I'm receiving any mail. Every time
evolution is checking for mail, it probably are executing all these TOP
commands. Anyway, it takes about 30s each time before I'm retrieving any
mail. This was alot faster in the 1.0.x series. Should I file a bug, or
are you planning to do anything to fasten up the process?

--
 / Malte