Re: [Evolution] Mozilla 1.3b breaks Evolution??

ons, 2003-02-19 kl. 20:06 skrev Christopher Ness:

This is probably the wrong place to write this, but when I installed the
1.3b XFT mozilla last night it removed /usr/include/libssl3.so   It is
needed to start up wombat and therefore Evo.

There was never the above. there is a /usr/lib/libssl3.so.

It took me most of today to figure this out, but when I went back to
1.3a XFT all was well.

It must have been something else. This has *very* recently been
discussed and I run Evo 1.2.1 and Mozilla-1.3b together happily.

I like the new mozilla though!  Is there anyway I can get the libssl3
package after installing mozilla?  Running RH 8.0 over here.

It will stay where it is, if you install the *.tar.gz* (not any .rpm)
in any other directory tree than /usr (e.g. you could have /usr/local or
/opt). Then, it shouldn't touch any extant libs.

Those who have made it work, have surely done an ldd on the 1.3b
mozilla.bin? It even links to your existing libraries, it doesn't
overwrite anything.

Best,

Tony

--