Re: [Evolution] Filters not working on IMAP server

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 06:16, Not Zed wrote:
 - are the messages in inbox - only messages in inbox are filtered.

Yup.

 - you may need to exit and restart evolution for the change in setting
to take effect.

This has been going on for weeks now (the option has been set that whole
time). I've also restarted evolution at least twice since I double
checked that the option was on.

 - are you accessing the server with another client, which may reset the
flag used to determine if messages are new and require filtering.

This is the only thing that COULD possibly be related. I'm using the
Gnome 2 mailcheck applet. But that shouldn't be downloading headers at
all, only the number of new messages. And when I open up evolution, the
messages still show up as new.

The only other idea that I have has to do with my IMAP server. Courier
creates a default "INBOX" folder which stores EVERYTHING. All of your
other folders become subfolders of INBOX. It also creates an INBOX.Inbox
folder which is, essentially, just a link to INBOX. The possibility
being that Evolution doesn't believe Inbox is really INBOX, and will
only filter INBOX. I'm going to test that now by closing out evolution
and letting a few messages come in and seeing if it works then by going
straight to INBOX.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837