Re: [Evolution] HELP! Evolution won't start anymore...

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

tir, 2003-02-18 kl. 15:12 skrev guenther:

Yesterday I installed mozilla 1.3b and got the same error. The FAQ lists old version of mozilla-nspr as one of the reasons. I downgraded back to mozilla 1.0.x and problem went away.
May I suggest installing mozilla 1.2.1 (latest stable)? ;-)

Mozilla got huge speed improvements with version 1.1, so I would prefer
that one.

AFAIK the problems are with the beta mozilla (1.3b). No problems here
with mozilla 1.2.1 downloaded from mozilla.org.

RH 7.2++++, Gnome 1.4, Evo 1.2.1

I don't understand this bit of the thread. Last weekend I installed
Mozilla 1.3b, the .tar.gz version for Linux. Chose to install (as root)
in /opt, where I put all my stuff that could conflict with anything
else.

No problems. All Mozilla 1.x libs are in /opt, all the old stuff in
/usr/lib, no conflicts. Why should there be? Are people installing rpms
or something?

yes. I have the xft 1.3b release RPMS for RH80 installed... I'll try downgrading to check if they are the problem. Installing in /opt will be my next thing to do then, of course (maybe the rpms are even relocatable). But first I want to see if my evolution problem get's fixed.

   jtl