Re: [Evolution] vFolder

Using vfolder shoudlnt' really have any effect whatsoever on redraw
performance, unless you are getting a lot of new mail very often, and
even then, the vfolder updates are for the most part, very fast (any
rule using a 'body' search is the slowest).  Although they do use a fair
bit of memory, so perhaps your box is swapping, depending on what else
you're running.  This is a 256MB celery 500, and its more than fine
here.

vFolders are like a search which has been saved, which is dynamically
updated, which can also span multiple folders.  Or perhaps another way
to think of it is as a new view of multiple mailboxes.

You aren't looking at COPIES of messages, just a new VIEW of the
mailbox(es).  If multiple vfolders reference the same base message,
deleting it in one will have it (or should have it) appear deleted in
others, etc.

vFolders should for the most part, be about as fast to use as real
folders ...