Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 08:09, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 20:46, guenther wrote:
Assuming this is true, is there a way to keep my mail archives available
without having them consume huge amounts of memory?  I have mail-list
messages in at least one folder dating back to July of 2002 that I'd
like to keep and occasionally search, but I don't need them all the
time.

I don't know, if that is the cause -- but you can disable indexing of
the body contents of local mail folders:
 Right Click / Properties

That shouldn't matter, the indexes are only kept on disk and not in
memory.

That's what I would have thought, but have no other explanation for the
size of the mail component.  Today it's grown to 62.3MB (up from the
53.2MB I mentioned yesterday).  Perhaps a memory leak?  At ~10MB a day,
I can see why my system runs out of memory occasionally ;)

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)