[Evolution] new/forward/reply only works as root and one unprivileged user but no others

I asked this a couple days ago, then sat down and re-installed
everything I could find, and still have the same problem.

when I go to run evolution (evolution-1.2.1-2.ximian.1 rpm installed
from red-carpet) it works fine when tested as root and run as one other
user (no special privileges at all).  When I try to run it as any other
user (just to make sure I even created a brand new account to make sure
there were no stray config files lying around) it comes up with the
dialog Unable to activate HTML editor component  Unknown error.

Since it works just fine for one user and no others, I'm a bit stumped
as to what to look at or fix and was hoping someone had some
suggestions.

TIA
-me