[Evolution] Mail migration from Evolution to Outlook

Who in the world would ask Microsoft how to import data from Outlook
into Evolution!
Tom Spuhler

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 09:41, guenther wrote:
First of all: If Outlook does not support any widespread standard for
importing (mbox, maildir, ...) then it is an Outlook bug. Please
complain to them. [1]

Evolution handles the widespread mail format standards.

Using mozilla-mail as an intermediate software works in the
Outlook-to-Evolution way, but I can't get it to work in the
Evolution-to-Outlook way:

1) Exporting Evolutions folders to mbox files work fine

As the default format of Evo actually is mbox you don't even need to
export the mail folders -- unless you changed the format on purpose.

2) Copying the files into the mozilla dir and opening the folders in
mozilla works too
3) But Outlook Express / MS Outlook refuses to import Mozilla mails
(Only Eudora, Outlook, MS Exchange,Netscape Communicator...).

Anyone care to explain the difference between "Mozilla mail format" and
"Netscape mail format"? ;-)

The only difference AFAIK should be ~/.mozilla/ instead of ~/.netscape/
directory...

When pointed to the Mozilla directory (.../user/Mail/Local Folders/),
the Import tool says: "No messages can be found in this directory".
I have tryed the import tool with every possible combination with
directories (/user/Mail/, /user/, ...) and with source mail-client
(Eudora, Outlook, MS Exchange, Netscape, Communicator,...) but the
answer is always the same.

Did you try the ~/.mozilla/ directory itself?

...guenther

[1] Am I the only one, wondering why we not only get questions like "how
to import to Evolution" but even "how to import to *Outlook*"? Aren't
the default excuses to not use OpenSource Software the "great support"
by MS?