[Evolution] ipop3d / secure mode

I'm using Evolution 1.4.5, trying to set up a secure POP connection to my server.

I keep getting this error on my server:

Dec 26 14:15:59 rs2 ipop3d[11552]: SSL error status: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Looking through Google, I see lots of people with this problem with Evolution but I can't find any solutions. Has this been solved? Is there something I can change on my server or my Evo client to get it to connect?