[Evolution] Help with PalmPilot Configuration on FreeBSD

I am using FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, Evolution 1.4.5, and Gnome 2.4.1

If there by chance are any FreeBSD users on this list, I would
appreciate you contacting me privately to give me some with getting my
Palm IIIe working with Evolution 1.4.5.

Whenever I select either the 'PalmOS' Desktop Preference applet in
Gnome, or the 'Pilot Settings...' option in Evolution, I receive the
following crash:

"Application 'gpilotd' (process 5874) has crashed due to a fatal error.
(Abort trap)"

I can eliminate this error by deleting the .gnome2/gnome-pilot.d
directory in my home directory, but the error just reoccurs when I try
to reconfigure the Pilot settings.

Thanks,
Barry