Re: [Evolution] SpamAssassin 2.60 & Ximian Evolution 1.4]

Hi Karl,

don't worry.. it can work. I haven't tried used spamassassin with
header-rewriting yet, but got it working with the pipe to shell option.

In Evolution, create a filter that does the following (I don't use the
English version of evolution, so the actual wording might be different):
If
        One of the following criteria is matched
                Pipe to shell
                        spamc -c > /dev/null
                returns bigger then 0
Move to folder "spam"
Stop processing

To train my filter I created a training folder which I use as trash can.
It has two subfolders, ham and spam. Ham is non-spam, spam is... spam.
Once an hour I run the following script, which trains the filter.

#!/bin/sh
echo Learning about spam
sa-learn --spam --showdots --mbox
evolution/local/Inbox/subfolders/training/subfolders/spam/mbox
echo Learning about ham
sa-learn --ham --showdots --mbox
evolution/local/Inbox/subfolders/training/subfolders/ham/mbox
echo Rebuilding database
sa-learn --rebuild
echo Training complete!

Afterwards I clean this folders.
It works really well for me, haven't got any false positives yet
(legitimate mail tagged as spam), and only about 1 spam a day gets
through.

Let me know how it goes!
Best regards,

Lode

Ps: I'm using spamassassin 2.61 and evolution 1.4.5
Pps: yes, it's ugly.. but it does the job.