[Evolution] Evolution or parts of it go AWOL

I am having an intermittent problem with Ximian that is driving me
nuts. I have 3 machines all configured as follows:

MSI-KT7 Pro Motherboard
Athlon 1800+
768 MB DDR-333
Seagate 80GB EIDE data drive
Seagate 40GB EIDE OS drive
Belkin USB 2.0 5 port PCI card.
ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card.

The machines were configured with RedHat 9.0 originally with all the updates
till Nov 1, 2003. The baseline applications for use are Ximian, OpenOffice, and Mozilla. I had installed OO 1.1.0 over the top of 00 1.03 from RH 9.0, Evolution 1.4.5 over the
top of 1.2.1, and Mozilla 1.5 over the top of 1.2.

Once I loaded Fedora (did an upgrade over the top of RH 9), things changed:

1. I lost Galeon.
2. Mozilla went back to 1.4 from 1.5.
3. Ximian stayed the same at 1.4.5
4. OO did not change.

Ok, that's the background. Here's the problem with Ximian:

When I log into an account I have a 50% chance of finding Evolution the way I left it. Usually it involves an address book that goes missing, or Evolution complains it can not find the configuration file, or sometimes it puts up a dialog that it can not find the path. There is no consistent behavior to what goes wrong. Sometimes when I restart the account Evolution finds what its looking for. Within the last day or so, the address book has gone permanently AWOL. Restarting the account, rebooting the machine do not bring it back into the program. Re-enterring the address
book by hand only makes it available for that session.

Anyone seen this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

...Paul

--
Managing good programmers/engineers is tantamount to herding cats...