Re: [Evolution] Red Carpet Upgrade

From: Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>
To: "Celsun ." <tarcell hotmail com>
CC: evolution lists ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Red Carpet Upgrade
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:55:40 -0500

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:28 -0500, Celsun . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it normal for Evolution snapshot upgrades through Red Carpet to take
> hours?
>
> Using Red Carpet 2.0.2 on Mandrake 9.1 to upgrade Evo from 1.4.5-0 to latest > snapshots w/ required packages and updating rcd has been running for over 3
> hours.
>
> The upgrade (using broadband) got up to 88% hours ago and has been stuck
> there every since.  Is this normal due to these snapshots just being
> released?
>
> If not, what needs to be checked?
>
> TIA
>
> Celsun

I've had similar problems in the past.  I'm not sure whether they're rpm
bugs, packaging bugs, or installer bugs (or some combination of the
above), but they typically don't resolve themselves, and one typically
has to kill the install, remove the broken packages and try the install
again. :-(

-Mark Gordon

Thanks Mark,

I did that a couple of times and eventually it worked. Can I get 1.5 through Red Carpet? It wasn't listed.

TIA

Celsun

Get holiday tips for festive fun. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx