Re: [Evolution] Red Carpet Upgrade

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:28 -0500, Celsun . wrote:
Hi,

Is it normal for Evolution snapshot upgrades through Red Carpet to take
hours?

Using Red Carpet 2.0.2 on Mandrake 9.1 to upgrade Evo from 1.4.5-0 to latest
snapshots w/ required packages and updating rcd has been running for over 3
hours.

The upgrade (using broadband) got up to 88% hours ago and has been stuck
there every since.  Is this normal due to these snapshots just being
released?

If not, what needs to be checked?

TIA

Celsun

I've had similar problems in the past.  I'm not sure whether they're rpm
bugs, packaging bugs, or installer bugs (or some combination of the
above), but they typically don't resolve themselves, and one typically
has to kill the install, remove the broken packages and try the install
again. :-(

-Mark Gordon