[Evolution] subscribe to folder scans way too many folders

Hi,

I'm running evo 1.4.5 on mdk9.1

When I hit tools -> subscribe to folders
and select my imap server,
evo strats scanning my remote account.
now, i can see it wanting to scan top level and one
level deep to give me a choice of folders, but then it
just keeps scanning - for minutes. i suspect it even
loops for ever as my directory tree is not that big.
I just have to barely squeeze in the choices i want
inbetween the scan frenzy and then 'close'.
never saw it run to completion (maybe soem soft links
are driving it crazy?!)

is this normal behaviour?!

Thanks,
-Gill