Re: [Evolution] unable to connect to exchange 2000 OWA server with pop3 and ssl ?

You might want to try different options with the 'use ssl', e.g.
'always' is not the same as 'when possible'.

When possible will try using 'starttls' if available on the normal port,
'always' will just connect directly to the secure smtp port.

As for your other query, i presume you mean 'other than email', 'cause
otherwise the answer is 'pop3' and 'smtp' protocols, with various
extensions, like ssl and sasl auth.