[Evolution] Task screen freezes Evo 1.4.4

Hi-  I'm having a problem with Evolution 1.4.4 on RedHat 8.0 with the
KDE desktop.

Whenever I enter the Tasks screen, I get a series of errors on stdout.
The task screen works, but as soon as I try to do any other action,
including exiting, Evolution freezes completely.  I have to kill it with
"evolution --force-shutdown".

The error on stdout is:

(evolution:4789): e-table-CRITICAL **: file e-table-item.c: line 1045
(eti_unfreeze): assertion `eti->frozen_count > 0' failed

(evolution:4789): e-table-CRITICAL **: file e-table-item.c: line 1045
(eti_unfreeze): assertion `eti->frozen_count > 0' failed

repeated many times.

I tried running "evolution --debug=filename" but did not get any more
details on this in the debug file.

Googling for error strings leads me to believe it is something related
to gal or gtk.  I installed through red-carpet, and have the red-carpet
indicated dependencies for Evo 1.4.4 on RedHat 8 including:

gtkhtml2-2.0.1-2
gtkhtml3.0-3.0.8-0.ximian.5.1
libgtkhtml3.0_2-3.0.8-0.ximian.5.1
gtk+-1.2.10-22
gtk2-2.0.6-8.ximian.80.1
libgal2.0_5-1.99.9-0.ximian.5.1

For what it is worth, I sync with my Palm V and do not have any problems
with ToDo items (other than Evo freezing after viewing the main tasks
list).

pilot-link-0.11.5-4.ximian.1
evolution-pilot-1.4.4-0.ximian.5.1
gnome-pilot-2.0.10-0.ximian.5.1
gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.10-0.ximian.5.1
gnome-pilot-applet-2.0.10-0.ximian.5.1

Strangely enough, the embedded tasks pane in the Calendar screen does
not give me any problems, so I am able to use it as a workaround.

I have upgraded from earlier versions of Evolution through 1.2 and
1.4.3.  On the suspicion of residual data from upgrades causing
problems, I have tried removing various directories such as ~/.gconf and
~/.gnome2 but without any improvement.

If anyone has seen this also, or has any tips or advice, I'd appreciate
it.  Thanks

- Alan
--
Alan Millar                  Email: Alan Millar LPCorp com
System Administrator         Voice: 503-821-5450