Re: [Evolution] Virus scanning in Evo

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 21:00 -0400, Lloyd D Budd wrote:
Identify the Linux "desktop-side" virus scanner, and if it is designed
well there will be no problem "integrating it" with Evo.

If it's designed well it'll be server-side. Desktop-side has no business
filtering mail :)

We do it desktop-side only when the server's broken and can't (or when
the sysadmin is broken and won't).

In the case of Sobig, it's really simple -- just drop all mail which has
no Message-ID and which contains a header which reads 'X-MailScanner:
Found to be clean'. Personally, I don't bother with the latter -- if it
has no Message-ID that's enough for my machines to bounce it.

--
dwmw2