Re: [Evolution] Deleting duplicate emails

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 10:46, Vincent Birebent wrote:
Hi,

In some folder, for some reasons I have duplicate mails (same mail, two
or three times).

I thought about using filters to delete them : I pipe all mails from
this folder to a perl script which :
- save the last piped mail in a txt file,
- compare it with the last save
- exit 1 or 0 according to it...

It doesn't work, because mails are not queued in date order!

I dunno, does sorting by date/not sorting make any difference?

So I have two questions :
- what about queue order ?
- any idea for a workaround ?

To do it properly you'd probably want to have a database (i.e. file)
kept of message-hashes or message-id's of messages you've seen before,
and use that as the test, rather than just keeping track of the last
message.