Re: [Evolution] Macro/button to move mail to folder? (learning spam filters)

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 00:16, Zot O'Connor wrote:
On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 18:00, Not Zed wrote:
This currently cannot be done, at least, not without a source-code patch
and a custom build.

Although we've had some discussion on the -hackers list (and
codeblogs.ximian.com) about possible spam mechanisms for the next major
release.

I guess what I was looking for was less a spam blocking thingy, then a
more generic menu/macro/button script thingie.  What is the current dev
thought on that?

Yeah we want to do it but we haven't got to that point yet.  Well I want
to do it anyway.  I dont think we'll have time in 2.0 for it but we will
hopefully be working toward an architecture more suitable for it.

I would love to write my own script that answered to CTRL-ALT-S or on a
button, as long as I can move the message with whatever I write.  This
is server side spam issues, not local which make the task easier (move
is IMAP commands) but I need access to Evo internals (I am guessing Evo
could not "hand" me the message number and have an external script move
it).

Well all backends are abstracted through the same api, so moving a
message on a server or between servers or from local to local is all the
same thing to the mailer code.

You'd really have to do it in-proc in the mailer at present, but again
the code isn't really there for it yet.