Re: [Evolution] evolution REALLY slow against local courier IMAP server

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 13:28, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
For reasons that I won't go into, I've installed courier IMAP on my
laptop, and I've evolution (1.4.4) using the localhost IMAP server
instead of having it go directly against the Maildirs themselves.  And
it is REALLY, REALLY slow.

when I click "send and receive, up pops the "send & receive mail"
dialog, and the "Server: 127.0.0.1, Type: imap" progress bar doesn't
move, but takes 30+ seconds to go away, and while it is up, I have a
"scanning folders in "IMAP server 127.0.0.1" message in the status bar
of evo's main window.   WHY?

Have you tried using another client? Or just telnetting to port 143 and
seeing if it responds right away or not? There could be some
misconfiguration that's forcing the IMAP server to time out on something
(DNS?) before responding.

-- Dan