Re: [Evolution] FAQ? Signature placement in replies && Auto-expunge?

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:32, Matthew A. R. Sherian wrote:
Two questions:

1)    When replying the signature is placed at the end of the in-line
quoted message. Is there a way to "top-post" the sig?

Nope.  Go read the list archives to find some fun flame wars on this
topic.

2)  When marking messages as deleted a line goes through them, under
Connector the messages are then cleared by the server rather then moved
to deleted items. Under mbox-spools the messages are marked deleted and
then CTRL+E must be pressed to delete them. Again, they are not moved to
the trash folder. Is there a way to have the messages in either type of
mailbox moved to deleted items instead of marking them deleted by
pressing the delete/ctrl+d keys? Is there a way to auto-expunge messages
that are marked as deleted?

No, although having a REAL Trash folder is high on many folks' wishlists
and the Evo hackers claim it'll be done some day.  Meanwhile, they are
marked for deletion, which makes them appear in Evolution's "Trash
folder" (actually just a vFolder).  As you've noted, they will only be
deleted from the server when you expunge.  But go to View->Hide Deleted
Messages and you won't see them in your regular folders once you mark
them for deletion.

As an aside, Evolution also has another handy feature to limit the mail
you have to look at, with View->Hide Read Messages (and View->Show
Hidden Messages to see them again).  I use that one a lot.

As far as the Connector issues, I have no idea.  I'm lucky enough not to
have to use MS Exchange =)

--Eric

--
Eric Lambart <ximian nomeaning net>