Re: [Evolution] IMAP folder question

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 21:25, Tom Nielsen wrote:
I just signed on to this group so forgive me if this has been asked
millions of times before.

I just launched an IMAP server for my office. I'm the only on running
Linux and everyone else is running W2k...long story. My issue is that
I am in sales and have a ton of local folders for customers. I'd like
to get them on the IMAP server, but in order to do that I have to
first create a folder on the server then copy the files over to the
folder. On Outlook, I would just drag and drop the folders.

In Evolution, you should be able to create the IMAP folders, then mark
all messages in the old folder and drag them to the new folder (or
right-click and select "Copy to folder/Move to folder").  You just can't
drag the whole folder yet.

I believe dragging-and-dropping MOVEs the messages (deletes them from
the old location).  If you hold down Ctrl or Shift it will only copy.
In any case, the moved old messages won't really be gone, just marked
for deletion (and you can undelete them).

Eric