[Evolution] Bonobo/Glib/Gtk Errors; Freezing often

I'm getting some errors while running Evolution.  I started it from the
command line and as I'm browsing (opening emails, moving them to
folders, etc.), I get the following errors:

(evolution:28348): Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-ui-util.c: line 182
(bonobo_ui_util_xml_to_pixbuf): assertion `xml != NULL' failed

(evolution:28348): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2010: instance
`0x8609468' has no handler with id `22'

(evolution:28348): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtkimage.c: line 1017
(gtk_image_get_pixbuf): assertion `image->storage_type ==
GTK_IMAGE_PIXBUF
|| image->storage_type == GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY' failed
                                                                                There are screenfuls and
screenfuls of them.  What's causing it, or should I be expected to diagnose them myself?  I had a difficult
time getting anything to come up in Google.

Also, I'm using Evolution to connect to an IMAP account; is it normal
for the application to freeze every time it connects?  I'm not sure
that's the cause, but if I'm doing something (I notice it most often in
the middle of typing a message), the entire Evolution will freeze
occasionally.  It comes back, but it's gone for a few seconds.  It
doesn't correspond to the display of "connecting" on the status bar.