Re: [Evolution] Editing Contacts data

Sorry for the slightly misleading bit about Mozilla - that was for transferring email. The contacts problem came when importing the vcf files that had been produced via csv2vcard.

Anyway this worked:

Open the vcf file in OpenOffice (or whatever) and do the find and replace there before importing.

Temporarily change the genuine PO Box entries first to something like "&&&" by searching for "PO Box PO Box" and change them back at the end to "PO Box".

I found that I had to do two searches to get the job done fully - once on "PO Box" and again on "PO Box " (that's a space after Box).

Anyway - job done - I had a lot of addresses otherwise!

Trevor Lupton