[Evolution] Evolution and Proxies

Hi,

I've search the archives and the web on this one but i
cannot seem to find a workaround. I am running RH9 and
the latest Evolution for that build. However i cannot
seem to get Evolution to understand (and use) my
proxy. There seem to be a number of solutions i have
tried:

Set the proxy in Nautilus - i cannot find the option
suggested in the preferences window!

Use gconftool - i have tried using gconftool (and -1,
and -2) and all of the variables are set correctly if
i do a --get. I have tried http://169.254.241.254,
mackaynet01 and 169.254.241.254 as the host, none
work!

I have also downloaded and used a program called
something like proxy-vfs-???-??? (sorry i cant
remember exactly i'm at work and in Windows).

None of the above have worked thus far. Is there a way
i can check or clean the settings to start again? I
assume the use of gconftool as a user or root sets the
proxy for that user group? I've tried both.

Help please...............

Many thanks, David

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience