Re: [Evolution] Couple of initial questions

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 09:55, Tuc wrote:
        Looking at emails with pictures, I see mini mini mini snaps of them,
then a way to save/hide/inline. Is there a way to increase the preview size
of them? Is there a way to automatically inline them no matter what?

Not currently, as far as I know.

      Is this something that would be good? I run a 1600xsomething screen,
and when the pics come up, they are smaller than a dime and virtually
unintelligible.

Yeah, I can definitely see an argument for making that more
configurable.

I don't know of any method for automatic creation of folders.

      Is there any plans for that? Wouldn't that be something that would be
useful?

I'm still unconvinced, but it's not really up to me.  Go ahead and file
a wishlist bug.

        The next issue is the help, no matter what I can't get it to come
up. I can't find anywhere to change browsers, I've installed Nautilus... No
response.

This one is fairly common these days.  Evolution, as a Gnome 1.4
application, respects Gnome 1.4 settings for preferred browser.  Most
recent distros are based on Gnome 2 and have no GUI for modifying the
Gnome 1.4 settings.  The solution is therefore to edit a text file
manually.  The file is ~/.gnome/Gnome, and the syntax is reasonably
self-explanatory.  I'd tell you explicitly what to enter, but I don't
know what you have there currently, and I don't know what browser you
prefer.

himinbjorg# ls -l ~tuc/.gnome/Gnome
ls: /home/tuc/.gnome/Gnome: No such file or directory

I'll respond to the later mail in the thread.

-Mark Gordon