Re: [Evolution] Euro sign =?iso-8859-15?Q?=28=A4=29?= - missing again

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 10:06, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
Hi all,

I used to use Evo 1.2.0 under Mandrake 9.0, and I was able to include
the Euro sign in my emails. I upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 (ships with Evo
1.2.2) and I can't use it anymore (it gets replaced with an underscore).
In my Evo settings, I use an ISO-8859-15 font, but I can't find that
parameter in the font section of the Gnome control center.
I am able to include the Euro sign in the Subject field of my mails, but
not in the body. I am also able to include it in other apps (Pan for
example)...
Thanks for any help!

Evolution 1.2 is a Gnome 1.4 app, and Mandrake 9.0 is a Gnome 2 distro,
which means that the configuration tools that work for most other Gnome
apps won't work with Evolution.  Evolution 1.4 will be the long-term
solution to this.  There are two general classes of font settings used
within Evolution: GtkHTML fonts, which are used for editing and/or
rendering message bodies and in the Summary; and Gtk fonts, which are
used in pretty much everything else.  You can change your GtkHTML fonts
from within Evolution (Tools > Settings > Font Preferences).  Note that
this is a Gnome 1.4 font selection interface, which is different from
the interface in the control center, which Evolution 1.2 doesn't use.

If you want to change the fonts for editing and viewing messages, the
Font Preferences in Evolution should suffice.  If you need to change the
settings for the rest of the user interface, you'll need to create a
~/.gtkrc.mine file that specifies the font to use.  If you could copy
~/.gtkrc from a Mandrake 8.2 machine that is configured to use the font
you want, that would work just as well.  Barring that, guenther pasted
his ~/.gtkrc.mine into a message sent to users ximian com the other day:

[guenther monkey guenther]$ cat .gtkrc.mine
style "default"
{
  fontset = "-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}

widget_class "*" style "default"

You'll probably want a different font set, but that's the syntax.

-Mark Gordon