Re: [Evolution] outlook style threading?

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 15:55, Dan Stromberg wrote:
It turns out that outlook does threading headers in a different way - a
way that doesn't work with evolution?

Is there some way to make evo thread mail sent from outlook?

Are outlook's threading headers a competing standard, or just another
microsoft proprietarism?

It appears to be outlook getting things wrong - ie RFC blindness.

To quote from an earlier message on this subject, a fix/workround is to
make evolution thread by subject rather than just using the References
and In-Reply-To headers.  To do this

     1. shut down evolution
     2. backup ~/evolution/config.xmldb (or the whole ~evolution dir)
     3. edit ~/evolution/config.xmldb and set thread_subject to "1"

[Source
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2002-September/021827.html
However I couldn't easily pick up the earlier thread on this which might
have more detail]

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]