[Evolution] outlook style threading?

I'm coming to rely on threading.  Actually, I've relied on it for some
time now, but I'm finding it a bit less effective in evo than mutt.

It turns out that outlook does threading headers in a different way - a
way that doesn't work with evolution?

Is there some way to make evo thread mail sent from outlook?

Are outlook's threading headers a competing standard, or just another
microsoft proprietarism?

Mutt would group like subjects with a *> instead of ->, if the messages
didn't look like they belonged to the same thread according to the
headers.  This was kind of nice.

True outlook style threading would be really cool, but that wouldn't
help me much with my boss, who's an MH user, and who has configured his
threading headers to be human readable in a way that breaks threading.
:)  For this, only the *> sort of thing is likely to help.

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg dcs nac uci edu>