Re: [Evolution] LDAP contact updates?

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 20:49, Chris Toshok wrote:
You need to be authenticating with the ldap server.  Unfortunately
there's no way (that I know of at least, someone *please* correct me if
I'm wrong) to find out read/write permissions per entry portably..  So
evolution just assumes you need to auth to write.

Hmm... I'm fairly certain that I was authenticating properly.  My LDAP
ACLs won't let you access anything without authentication.  At least,
they aren't supposed to and my testing based from the command line LDAP
utilities bears this out.

So you are saying that if I am authenticated properly then the fields on
the contact editor should be editable because Evolution will assume that
the entry is writable back to the directory?  If so then something seems
to be very wrong because I apparently log in successfully and can lookup
entries that shouldn't be accessible unless properly authenticated.

Sean

--
Sean Millichamp <sean compu-aid net>