Re: [Evolution] large attachments handling

Russell,

One problem I have is that I am often on a 56Kbps link at home and I
frequently get sent large attachments from people at work.  There are
two bits of functionality that I have had in other mailers that I miss
in this context.

     1. the ability to restrict the size of messages that will be
        downloaded from the server without prompting.
     2. to have attachments left on the server until you open them.

Have you searched bugzilla and filed as wish list? IIRC at least the
first point is filed already (for POP3).

With this I would like to be able to have the "work offline" funtcion as
it did in 1.0.x where it would download all the mail off the server
(modulo large messages).  I found this quite useful when there was
competition for the phone line i'd simply go off line wait 5 minutes for
everything to down load and get off and continue working.  The catch was
if someone had sent you a 5MB attachment.

Do you refer to a 5 MB _mail_ or a 5 MB _file_ attached? In the first
case, get a cup of coffee, wait 10 minutes and you're set. In the latter
add another 3 minutes... >:->

So last question is "Is there an option to download and cache all unread
mail?"

I'll be delighted if someone points out (as they have done several times
recently) that the functionality already exists.

Speaking of IMAP, are you? I am afraid I have bad news. 'Offline' mode
is somewhat unsatisfactory. Search the archives for 'code rewrite'...

It is planned for month, but surely won't be coded before 1.4 is out.

...guenther