Re: [Evolution] 1.2.4 multi-spell

However, there is a one point that I believe would need some
fine-tuning.  What bugs me is that the list of suggested words for
correction is taken from the "globally Enabled" list of languages rather
than the one(s) selected in the current message.

For example, let's say I select "English (American)" and "French
(Canadian)" in the composer prefs.  I am writing a message in French and
I see a spelling error (I use "Check spelling while I type") - I have
written bonjourz instead of bonjour.  If I Spell Check the document,
there are some English words suggested even if I de-select English for
this message.  Example: with English selected I get
(bonjour,bonkers,banjos,bongos,bijoux, etc.) without English I get
(bonjour,bonjours,conjurez,etc.)

What I would expect is that the list of spell corrections is taken from
the CURRENT selection of languages rather than the GLOBAL.  I would
expect the same behavior than the "Check spelling while I type" which
respects the CURRENT languages.

I also assume that if a word is added to the personal dict. it would
respect the GLOBAL and not CURRENT languages.

I digged around and found that the gnome-spell package is responsible of
this, rather than gnome-gtkhtml.  So, are there any suggestions on how I
could get this done or should I file a bug report?  Maybe the
gnome-spell package cannot be easily modified to accommodate this?

Out of curiosity I just fooled around with spell checking and got the
following really strange results:

Notes:
- Always enabled 'check spelling while I type'
- <de> is a valid German word of your choice, same with <en> for English

enabled languages: de, en

open editor
 type in two words: <de>, <en>
open settings
 disable: de
 pressed 'apply' button
 => <de> gets instantly marked as wrong
 enable: de
 pressed 'apply' button
 => nothing happens
close settings
close editor

open settings
 => de is _not_ enabled
close settings

open editor
 type in two words: <de>, <en>
 => <de> gets instantly marked as wrong
open settings
 enable: de
 pressed 'apply' button
 => <de> gets instantly marked as correct
 disable: de
 pressed 'apply' button
 => nothing happens
close settings
close editor

open settings
 => de still _is_ enabled
close settings

Now, that is weired. :-/  Seems like a one-way setting. Changes are
applied instantly even while the editor is opened. But only for the
first change, all subsequent changes are ignored. Not only by the
editor, but also by the settings.

...guenther