Re: [Evolution] Character encoding specified in Content-Type field of outgoing messages

guenther writes:

So I am begging Evo on my knees to send it as ISO-8859-15. However, Evo
does not answer my prayers -- and the test mail got sent as

So what is wrong with my usual signature and the string "wird gesendet
als 8859-1 ?\n\n", that it _must_ be 7 bit and does _not_ fit into 8
bit? ;-))

I actually like the present behaviour.

I have koi8-r as the default code set. It has an entire different
alphabet, Cyrillic. But when I write to international addressees (like
now) I only use 7bit letters. And I like the fact that Evo will *not*
mark this message as koi8-r. Otherwise, some Outlook user on the other
side of the ocean might have Cyrillic fonts automatically installed,
even though he could read the letter without them.

--
Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik