[Evolution] Can't see folders since upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3

HI All,
        I've been wrestling with this for a week and now declare myself
defeated.

I'm running evo 1.2.3 on MDK 9.0 (upgraded first to 1.2.2 and then to
1.2.3).  Imap server is cyrus (if it matters).

When I upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.2.2 I had to resubscribe to all  my
folders -- no big deal.  When I upgraded to 1.2.3 my folders disappeared
again but this time when I went to subscribe ( Tools | Subscribe to
Folders) I get the pop up box with a select box "no server has been
selected" click the arrows and my server does not appear in the list
so I can't subscribe.

I've tried various methods to get around this but all have failed.

One thing that has me thoroughly confused (and which relates to another
recent thread on this list) is this: I renamed the evolution directory,
ran killev and then restarted.  Much to my surprise evolution logged
into my server normally (although it did prompt to accept the SSL
certificates).  As expected there were only the default vfolders and
other bit of configuration had been lost *but* most of the account setup
was intact so it isn't stored in that directory.   Where is it stored?
I am assuming that something in this stuff has become corrupt and is
causing problems.

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin