Re: [Evolution] outlook 2000 mail not threading.

It decides based on message-id's, references and in-reply-to headers.

the screenshot doesn't help

threading by subject means that if multiple messages have the same
subject, that they get "grouped" together in a thread. this is useful
for broken mailers that don't properly set the in-reply-to and/or
references headers.

Jeff