Re: [Evolution] Follow-up flags and labels in mail headers

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 09:13, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
Hi again,

It's nice to see the label and follow-up flag feature; they are quite
useful.  Unfortunately the data for those features seems to be stored
locally (can someone tell me where?) -- is there a reason why it
couldn't be stored in the mail header on the server if the store is
IMAP, say as X-Evolution-Label or X-Evolution-Followup fields?

Because it would involve way too much network traffic to do it this way
and the message wouldn't "appear" in the same location in the
message-list after you have changed the follow-up flag since we would
have to delete the old copy on the server and upload a new copy with the
headers added.

Evolution has all these great features and I find that I just can't use
them because of the way I work.  (Separate installs at home, at work,
and on my laptop.) It's increasingly obvious that there needs to be some
framework to at least sync different copies of Evo.  Is anyone working
on something like this?  If not, I may have a go at it.

Not that I know of.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast