Re: [Evolution] Some trouble with IMAP

Hi,

thanks for your advice. It helped a lot. Apparently I have problems telling evolution where my mail directory is: At some point evolution-mail does a 'LIST "" "*"' request on the imap server, and starts receiving the entire directory tree of my remote account (which is huge, and has nothing to do with my mail, which in turn lies in the directory ${HOME}/mail)):

---
<-snip->
sending : A00004 LIST "" "*"
received: * LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" .tcshrc
received: * LIST (\NoInferiors \Marked) "/" .profile
received: * LIST (\NoSelect) "/" .desktop-iris4d
received: * LIST (\NoInferiors \Marked) "/" .desktop-iris4d/4DWm
received: * LIST (\NoSelect) "/" .desktop-iris4d/searchbook
received: * LIST (\NoSelect) "/" .desktop-iris4d/searchbook/CVS
<-snip->
---

Would someone known how to tell evolution where my mail lies on the imap server ? Mozilla-mail has an "IMAP server directory" option that can be set for that purpose, but I did not find anything similar in the evolution settings.

Thanks in advance

Francois

P.S.: Upgrading to 1.0.8 (with debian package tools), made some icons (in particular the Cancel and OK ones) appear totally destroyed. This may be related to other libs that were upgraded along with evolution (probably the libgdk-pixbuf-* ones (version 0.19.0-2)). Did someone have similar problems ?

Not Zed wrote:
Upgrade to 1.0.8 first, and see if the problem persists.

If so, run this in a separate terminal:
CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution-mail

wait a while (for it to start up and register itself), then run
evolution as normal.  you should get a log of activity in that terminal.