Re: [Evolution] How to make Evo work on a dialup that drops

Le jeu 12/09/2002 à 14:29, Not Zed a écrit :
On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 05:23, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
1.1.x is a lot better about this afaik. And no, Evolution never "locked"
on an IP address.

the os will though.  it will take a while to time out existing
connections/connection attempts.

I think I know what he means: on my redhat 6.2 installation, a running
application will never be able to (re)connect to any site after ppp0's
address changed. It has to be restarted. This has made Evolution
impossible to use over an unreliable phone line when I have lots of
mail.

        Xav