Re: [Evolution] Connector / Debian Sid - revisited

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 15:57, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 13:01, Markus Irle wrote:
Hi,

**snip**

What I don't understand is the following:
While freedom of choice being advocated up and down the road in the
Linux community, I am forced to use Ximian's propriatry tool to simply
download some software. Why not put it up on a web site or an ftp
server.

which proprietary application? AFAIK, Red Carpet is free.

Yes, the word is wrong, but the problem still remains...

**snip**

6) libical resides in /usr/lib/libical. So either add that to ld.so.conf
or symlink the lib into /usr/lib.

well, is that Suse's libical? because there are, if I remember
correctly, some problems with libical versions others than the one that
comes with evolution. Make sure you are using the one shipped in
evolution.

Nope, the one that comes with Debian.
Actually it's part of the evolution (1.0.8-5) package and the file's
called "libical-evolution.so".

Package: evolution
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 23660
Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame northeye org>
Version: 1.0.8-5

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>

Cheers,
Markus
--
Markus Irle
Software Competence Center Hagenberg GmbH

the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -- Ernst Jan Plugge