Re: [Evolution] Cannot sync under new Kernel.

I've thought about that, but the file those updated conduits etc. want (the dependency) is libpisock.so.4. I have that and it's installed. Why won't up2date recognize it? If I need the files listed below, where do I get them if up2date won't work because it won't find my lib file?

Or, could someone do a file search and tell me where that file is on their system (if you have a system that syncs fine)? My file is in /usr/lib. Maybe up2date is looking elsewhere for it??

-Greg

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 09:36, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 00:19, Gregory Alan Kedrovsky wrote:
> I run Red Hat 7.2. I recently did an up2date and that's where I got my
> new Kernel. I also encountered problems under up2date downloading and
> installing the following files:
>   evolution 1.0.8-1.ximian.1
>   gnome-pilot 0.1.65-1.ximian.2
>   gnome-pilot conduits 0.9.1.ximian.1
>   gnome-pilot conduits 1.4.7-1.ximian.1
>
> The error message I receive under up2dates is that libpisock.so.4 is not
> installed, but it is (in /usr/lib). I even did a rpm --force to get a
> current version on my machine. Same error message.
Given that you had installation problems related to all of the packages
that actually perform the pilot syncing, i would probably start looking
there.

The other alternative is that the driver for the required sync device
(e.g. serial or usb) isn't installed/setup, but that is probably less
likely.