Re: [Evolution] Importing addressbook in evolution?

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 10:55, Peter O'Shea wrote:
As I understand it, syncing calendars and address books between
computers (such as home and work) is a feature not-yet-implemented.

I've discovered you can import a evolution calendar file into your
current calendar folder, and this works fine. However, you apparently
can't import an evolution addressbook file.

I thought it might be possible to do it the brute-force way, by
shutting down evolution, copying the new addressbook.db file
into ~/evolution/local/Contacts, and then restarting...but no dice,
it still shows the old contacts.  I tried shutting down, removing the
create-initial file, and restarting, but it still didn't change the old
contact list.

Is there something I'm missing?  Is there a way to do this?

quitting evolution isn't enough - you have to run killev to make sure
the wombat process is dead as well.

the method you describe should work perfectly if you use killev.

Chris