[Evolution] Possible Inbox Bug? (-1)

I use Mandrake 9.0 and run evolution 1.0.8 on top of KDE 3.0.3. The
problem manifest itself at least once or twice daily.
When evolution is opened on the summary screen it appears like this.

Mail Summary

Outbox          -1/-1
Inbox           -1/-1

and the inbox cannot be accessed from the shortcut bar or any other way.
Everythign else appears to work fine. The problem is easily rectified
all I have to do is close evolution and then reopen it and the summary
reflects the correct data and the mail stuff alll works fine.
Has anyone else seen this before? and/or knows what the problem is?
and/or how to rectify it?

Thank You

;)