Re: [Evolution] TLS/authenticated SMTP

Plain authentication is definitely supported.
I've been (very disappointedly) using mozilla for months now because the university shifted to TLS and authenticated smtp and evolution didn't support it. Mozilla pops up a box for a password and is definitely using TLS and Plain text. Interestingly enough, when I try to "Check for supported types" under the authentication method section for the smtp preferences, all types are greyed out afterwards... I'll keep digging i guess.

thanks,
ben

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
It will prompt you when it needs it. Maybe your server doesn't support
PLAIN authentication.

Jeff